Welcome to 'Tea Time With Victoria'

Welcome to 'Tea Time With Victoria'
Hi! I'm Vicky. Thank you for stopping by my blog, where I share snippets about what I love or like, my family, my pet peeves and just about anything that I feel like to share. My family is just another ordinary family and I just love sharing pictures and photos of things or places I love; not to show off or to compete with anyone out there! Cheers and God bless us all!

Thursday, 28 April 2016

38. Yearning to eat 'Laksa Sarawak' in the land where there's none!

I woke up this morning yearning for some 'Laksa Sarawak' - a dish popular in my birth place, but not available here in Doha. As the gravy requires specially made spice paste which is also unavailable in this city, I had to browse through the internet for the recipes - thanks to present day technology!! So I had to start from scratch, making my own spice paste and then the rest!

It took me almost 2 hours to get everything ready to eat! Here's the pictures of the outcome of my effort. Hopefully my other half appreciates it when he tastes it later!

The dish consists of the boiled rice noodles, the hot-and-spicy-coconut milk-rich gravy, shredded boiled chicken meat, strips of omelete, cooked fish and crab balls, strips of boiled fish maw, steamed shredded carrots, cooked young corns and fried onions and garlic.

Bon appetit!

Laksa Sarawak Ala Victoria

Briefly Boiled Rice Noodle

Shredded Omelette, Boiled Fish & Crab Balls, Shredded Boiled Fish Maw

Shredded Chicken Meat, Steamed Shredded Carrot, Steamed Young Sweet Corn, Fried Onion & Garlic Slices

Hot & Spicy 'Laksa' Gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment