Welcome to 'Tea Time With Victoria'

Welcome to 'Tea Time With Victoria'
Hi! I'm Vicky. Thank you for stopping by my blog, where I share snippets about what I love or like, my family, my pet peeves and just about anything that I feel like to share. My family is just another ordinary family and I just love sharing pictures and photos of things or places I love; not to show off or to compete with anyone out there! Cheers and God bless us all!

Thursday, 21 April 2016

29. A Cup of Malaysian 'Teh Tarek' ('Pulled tea') and Slices of Sarawak 'Kek Lapis Masam Manis' (Sweet & Sour Layered Cake)



Good morning! Today is Her Majesty, the Queen of England's 90th birthday. Congratulations and may God continue to bless her with many more. And for me, let me cheer with a cup of the Malaysian 'Teh Tarek', literally translated as 'pulled tea'. This special tea with milk is popularly made by the ethnic Muslim Indians in Peninsular Malaysia, and what it really is, is hot milk tea placed in a tankard and poured over and over into another tankard to cool it down. The act of pouring and pulling the two tankards further away from each other appears to be 'pulling' the tea back and forth!

I have chosen my Italian-design teacup and a biscuit and milk saucer set from which to drink my 'Teh Tarek'. To accompany my hot 'Teh Tarek' I am having the famous Sarawak Sweet & Sour Layered Cake, 'Kek Lapis Masam Manis' which I bought in, and brought all the way from, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. 

Until she got her independence and joined the Malay States of  Malaya and Singapore together with Sabah (then British North Borneo) to form the country of Malaysia in 1963, Sarawak, which is situated on the north-western side of the island of Borneo, was then a British Colony after she was ruled as the Kingdom Of Sarawak by the three White Rajahs, the English Brooke family.

Delicious Sarawak Sweet & Sour Layered Cake with a cup of the famous Malaysian milk tea,  'Teh Tarek'




No comments:

Post a Comment